My amazing colleagues very generously gave me a gift voucher for Garde when I retired. Garde is a new, multi-story boutique hotel that is built on the site of the old courthouse and warders' cottages. Being lovers of everything historic, we decided to use the voucher to stay in one of the warders' cottages. The cottages were built in 1852 and each has been transformed into very comfortable guest rooms. The original wide wooden floors have been retained, the fittings have been chosen carefully and all the mod-cons like aircon have been hidden away. They've managed to keep a bit of the feel of the old cottages and create some luxury at the same time. The cottage was super quiet and just perfect for a lie in.
Garde has made an effort to tie in the new with the old. I'm not completely sure how successful they've been. I've included some pictures so you can decide for yourself.Friday, May 15, 2026
Fremantle
They have created some lovely garden spaces (which I didn't photograph) and dotted wee possum statues all about the place. They're almost as cute as the real thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's That Time of Year
Spring has sprung in our beautiful part of the world. That means it's perfect weather for bush walking. Not too hot, not too cold, ju...
-
One of the things my delightful partner and I love to do is bush walking, wherever we happen to be. And, we're more than happy to drag o...
-
I'm really lucky to have a wonderful family who are always happy to lend a helping hand when one is needed. I'm even luckier to hav...
-
Most years we plant potatoes. We love eating potatoes and they're such an easy crop to grow. A win win really. This year we bought thr...



.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment